This exhaustive textbook is organised alphabetically by each herb or nutrient’s common name. Herbs and nutrients are then accompanied by critical information such as daily intake, main actions and indications, adverse reactions, contraindications and precautions, safety in pregnancy and more.
This new edition of Herbs and Natural Supplements has been expanded with new chapters on pregnancy and wellness.
It also features 10 new monographs for Arginine, Dunaliella, Elde, Goji, Pelargonium, Prebiotics, Red Yeast Rice, Rhodioloa, Shatavari and Taurine.
• provides current, evidence-based information on herbal, nutritional and food supplements used in Australia and New Zealand
• is user-friendly and easily organised by easy-to-find A-Z herbal monographs
• appendices offering important additional information for the safe use of herbal and nutritional supplements, including a list of poison information centres, associations, manufacturers and more
• offers clear, comprehensive tables including herb/natural supplement – drug interactions
• lists the pharmacological actions of all herbs and natural supplements
• a glossary of terms relevant to herbs and natural supplements
• two comprehensive new chapters: Herbs and Natural Supplements in Pregnancy and Introduction to Wellness
• all chapters completely updated and expanded
• ten new monographs taking the total to 130
• now also available as an eBook! A code inside Herbs and Natural Supplements, 3rd Edition: An evidence-based guide enables a full text download, allowing you to browse and search electronically, make notes and bookmarks in the electronic files and highlight material
Report Broken Links