- Supplies a systematic overview of the state of green power and renewable electrical energy production around the world
- Offers in-depth case studies that illustrate each country’s solution to sustainable electricity generation
- Describes valuable lessons learned that can be useful to other countries as they seek a greener energy profile
- Covers the structure of electricity generation in well-known countries as well as lesser-known countries such as French Polynesia
- Examines the promise of power generation in space for terrestrial applications
Green Power: Perspectives on Sustainable Electricity Generation provides a systematic overview of the current state of green power and renewable electrical energy production in the world. Presenting eight in-depth case studies of green power production and dissemination, it illustrates the experiences and best practices of various countries on this topic of critical importance.
The book’s case studies provide readers with policy, business, and societal perspectives. They examine the differences in each country’s natural endowments, cultural make-up, technological development, public-policy concerns, and institutional incentive structures relative to the advancement of green and sustainable energy.
- Considers China’s energy profile and what is being done to reduce the country’s reliance on coal
- Describes the cultural foundations and institutional environment that gave birth to Germany’s energy revolution
- Supplies an overview of the renewable energy sector in Spain and analyzes its future prospects in light of recent economic difficulties
- Reports on French Polynesia’s progress in its quest to generate half of its electricity from renewable sources by 2020
- Investigates the feasibility of biomass as a large-scale electricity generation option
- Explores the vision of power generation in space that could solve mankind’s energy needs permanently
By illustrating the experiences of other nations, the book outlines valuable lessons learned and best practices that can be extremely helpful to other countries as they seek a greener energy profile. Supplying a timely overview of renewable and non-renewable electric power sources, it provides in-depth analysis of the key factors that affect success. It also identifies practices that have been precursors to failure so you can avoid making the same mistakes in your quest to contribute to the long-overdue advancement of green energy.
Report Broken Links