Going beyond the bestsellers Predictably Irrational and Thinking, Fast and Slow, the first “how to” guide that shows you how to help customers, employees, coworkers, and clients make better choices to get what they truly want.
Of the ten million bits of information our brains process each second, only fifty bits are devoted to conscious thought. Because our brains are wired to be inattentive, we often choose without thinking, acting against our own interests—what we truly want.
As the former Chief Scientist of Express Scripts, a Fortune 25 healthcare company dedicated to making the use of prescription medications safer and more affordable, Bob Nease is an expert on applying behavioral sciences to health care. Now, he applies his knowledge to the wider world, providing important practical solutions marketers, human resources professionals, teachers, and even parents can use to improve the behavior of others around them, and get the positive results they want.
Nease offers a set of powerful and effective strategies to change behavior, including:
- Require Choice—compel people to deliberately choose among options
- Lock in Good Intentions—allow people to make decisions today about choices they will face in the future
- Let It Ride—set the default to the desired option and let people opt out if they wish
- Get in the Flow—go to where peoples’ attention is likely to be naturally
- Reframe the Choices—set the framework people use to consider options and choices
- Piggyback It—connect the desired choice or behavior with something they already like or are engaged in
- Simplify . . . Wisely—make right choices frictionless and easy, make wrong choices more difficult
- And more.