In the fifth edition Contested Knowledge, social theorist Steven Seidman presents the latest topics in social theory and addresses the current shift of ‘universalist theorists’ to networks of clustered debates.
- Responds to current issues, debates, and new social movements
- Reviews sociological theory from a contemporary perspective
- Reveals how the universal theorist and the era of rival schools has been replaced by networks of clustered debates that are relatively ‘autonomous’ and interdisciplinary
- Features updates and in-depth discussions of the newest clustered debates in social theory—intimacy, postcolonial nationalism, and the concept of ‘the other’
- Challenges social scientists to renew their commitment to the important moral and political role social knowledge plays in public life
Tags: books for free, download, download audio books, download books online, download free audio books, epub, free audio book, free audio books online, free audio ebooks, free book online, free ebook, free ebook website, free mobi books, free online books download, mobi, online audio books, online books for free, pdf, start download